The New project

And by new I really mean old. I decided to re-do a project that I never really did complete correctly. I had built a carnival in Unreal as part of a month long project, but didn’t get a chance to make it through the construction phase correctly.

Theres multiple problems with the scene. First and foremost is the environment this all takes place in. I had considered about a dozen different environments ranging from the desert in Nevada to the inner city streets. Regardless, there all just ideas at this stage. The actual work has gone into the rides, which have gotten a fresh perspective since their initial construction in November of 2009.

Some of the major improvements comes from a break in the mentality of how I ‘ve been modeling. Previously I had gone for poly counts; trying to keep my polycount as low as I could. While there is nothing wrong with modeling this way, I’m going in a different direction. Rather than dealing with a lot of texture cards (which can look weird), I’ve decided just to model some details in. This is on a case by case basis, but here is a good example of the changes:

So In the meantime, here are some of my newer models for this scene. Hopefully I can start making some real progress on this scene in the next month. In the meantime, enjoy the renders.

Until  next time,

-Sparky

Advertisements

Comments are closed.